New York Fashion Week might only last eight days, but so much happens in that short amount of time.
This time was no exception either! We saw some rather interesting and jaw dropping moments on the runway in New york.
Here’s a list of 3 moments at NYFW I simply cannot get over:
1) Ralph Lauren wowed us all with an exceptional 4D Show: The designer used water-screen projections to show his latest collection and the result was beautiful and mystifying.
2) This time around at the Misha Nonoo show, we saw a man walk down the runway in a dress and heels, what’s more? He walked down the runway with a iced coffee in hand! CRAZY Right?
3)Well there was another first that happened this time around at the Hood By Air show. We saw a canine make it’s official runway debut. Now that’s one lucky dog, don’t you think?
The New York Fashion Week Frenzy finally came to an end this weekend.
But I still Can’t get over some of the amazing trends displayed this by some of my favourite designers as they showcased their latest Spring Summer 2015 collections.
Here’s a look at the 4 trends I LOVED this season:
1) Ralph Lauren Goes Chic Safari
It was a very Maharajah-meets-Out-of-Africa scene that was displayed on the runway. Typically haute safari gear was showcased for the wilds of the Hamptons.
2) Marc Jacobs Reinvents The Military Uniform
This season Marc Jacobs gives a new twist to an old form. He adds an element of Utilitarianism for the traditional Military uniform. It was all about uniforms on the runway. What stood out for me however was the absolute detailing with the use of embellishment.Absolutely loved this collection!
3) Diane Von Furstenberg Brings Back Checks
DVF never fails to impress, this time was no exception! Côte d’Azur was the starting point for the new collection and it all fell into place thereafter. The checks print was seen in galore on the runway and it was an absolute HIT!
4) Donna Karan Displays The Structured Bra
This season was one of Karan’s most vital collections in a while: vibrant, uncomplicated, desirable, it was that and much more! The structured bra was a sure shot HIT!